Easy Access ISA (Online) (5)
Important note – From 1 July 2022, the variable interest rate on this account will increase to 1.25% tax-free p.a./AER
Easy Access ISA (Online) (5)
What is the interest rate?
|Balance||Tax-free^ p.a./AER*||AER*||Tax-free^ p.a.|
We calculate the interest daily and pay it annually, on the anniversary of the date you opened the account, or monthly, at the end of the last day of each month.
Interest can be added to the account or paid into another suitable account.
Can Coventry Building Society change the interest rate?
The interest rate is variable, so it can go up or down at any time.
For more details about why we may change the rate, as well as how and when we’ll let you know, see our Saving Accounts Terms and Conditions booklet (section 4).
Important note – From 1 July 2022, the variable interest rate on this account will increase to 1.25% tax-free p.a./AER.
What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on a £1,000 deposit?
This would be the balance after 12 months if £1,000 was paid in, all interest was paid back into the account annually, there was no change to the interest rate and no money was taken out or paid in.
This illustration is just an example to help you compare accounts. It does not take into account any individual circumstances.
This illustration is calculated based on a variable interest rate of 1.25% tax-free p.a./AER, which is the interest rate effective from 1 July 2022.
How do I open and manage my account?
How to open and manage
- You must be aged 16 or over and a UK resident
When you apply for the account, you must provide us with a valid email address
How to put money into your account
- Pay in cash or cheques in a branch (please check branch opening hours first)
- Post us a cheque
- Set up transfers from an account with another bank or building society or another account with us
- You can transfer in current and/or previous years’ ISA savings using an ISA transfer. If you’re transferring in your current years’ savings then you must transfer all of it
- The minimum balance is £1
- You may pay in up to your annual ISA allowance each tax year depending on any money you may have already paid into other types of ISA (e.g. stocks and shares). For the current tax year the ISA allowance is £20,000
How to keep track of your account
We’ll email you within a month of any money leaving your account, to let you know that your statement is ready to download.
You can still ask for a statement at any time. Just pop into a branch or call us and we’ll send you one by post.
Can I withdraw money?
This is an easy access flexible ISA. You can take out money whenever you wish by logging into Online Services.
How to take money out of your account
- ISA transfer to another Coventry Building Society ISA or to another ISA provider, without losing your tax-free status
- Ask for a transfer to another Coventry Building Society account or to your Named Bank Account online
This account is a limited issue account, so we may stop accepting applications at any time.
Interest on ISAs is paid tax-free, that is without tax deducted. ISAs are a savings scheme initiated by the Government and are subject to change by them. For example the favourable tax treatment may not be maintained.
* AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and added each year.
Call us on 0800 121 8899
- Mon-Fri 8am-7pm
- Saturday 9am-2pm
- Sunday & Bank holidays Closed
Yesterday, people waited on average
17 seconds for savings enquiries
17 seconds for mortgage enquiries