Fixed Rate ISA (137) 30.11.2022
Fixed Rate ISA (137) 30.11.2022
What is the interest rate?
(Fixed until 30.11.2022)
The interest rate is fixed until 30.11.2022.
We calculate the interest daily and pay it annually, at the end of 30 November. Interest can be added to the account or paid into another suitable account.
Can Coventry Building Society change the interest rate?
The interest rate is fixed.
No matter what happens to interest rates generally, we won’t change the rate for this account until it matures at the end of 30 November 2022.
What would the estimated balance be after 15 months based on a £1000 deposit?
This would be the balance after 15 months if £1,000 was paid in on 1 September 2021, all interest was paid back into the account, and no money was taken out or paid in.
This illustration is just an example to help you compare accounts. It does not take into account any individual circumstances.
How do I open and manage my account?
How to open and manage
- Call 0800 121 8899
- By post
- At a branch (please check opening hours first)
- You must be aged 16 or over and a UK resident to open this statement-based account
How to put money into your account
You may pay in up to your annual ISA allowance for the 2021/2022 (£20,000) tax year. You won’t be able to pay in more money in future tax years.
You may pay in money to this account, up to your annual ISA allowance, depending on how much money you have already paid into other types of ISA (e.g. stocks and shares).
- Pay in cash or cheques in a branch (please check branch opening hours first)
- Post us a cheque
- Set up transfers from an account with another bank or building society or another account with us. To do this you will need the last 8 digits of your account number and sort code 40-63-01
- You can also transfer in current and/or previous years' ISA savings using an ISA transfer. If you're transferring in your current year's savings then you must transfer all of it
- This is a limited issue ISA and you have a limited time to pay in. We must receive the first payment into the account, and any other payments in (including ISA transfer instructions) within 14 calendar days of us accepting your application, or while the account is still open to new investors, whichever is longer
- The minimum balance is £1
How to keep track of your account
You’ll get a statement within a month of any money leaving your account (but we won’t send more than one a month).
You can get statements by post, or go paperless if you use Online Services.
Can I withdraw money?
You can't take out part of the money
- After the 14 day 'cancellation period', you can't dip into your money before 30.11.2022
- You can close or transfer the ISA before 30.11.2022, but we charge you the equivalent to 120 days’ interest on the account balance
You can close the ISA and keep the money tax-free by moving the money to another ISA with us or another provider, using an ISA transfer. You can also move the money to another Coventry Building Society account, or to your Named Bank Account, but in that case it will lose its tax-free status.
What happens when the ISA's fixed period ends (matures)
- This Fixed Rate ISA (137) will mature at the end of 30 November 2022
- We'll write to you at least 14 days before this to let you know how you can re-invest your savings with us, take out some or all of your money or arrange an ISA transfer out of the account
- There'll be a default option - another ISA with us. The length of the fixed ISA will either be shorter, the same or no more than six months longer than the duration of your current fixed ISA, and options to take money out will be no more restrictive than those offered by your original account
- At maturity, the money in this account will be automatically re-invested into the default option unless you have asked us to do something else with it. However, you'll have the option to take money out or even close your new ISA, without being charged within 21 days after the end of your fixed period
Fixed Rate ISA (137) is not a flexible ISA.
After you've opened the account, we won't contact you to let you know when it closes to new investors. To find out if it's still available, please contact us.
Interest on ISAs is paid tax-free, that is without tax deducted. ISAs are a savings scheme initiated by the Government and are subject to change by them. For example the favourable tax treatment may not be maintained.
*AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and added each year.
Call us on 0800 121 8899
- Mon-Fri 8am-7pm
- Saturday 9am-2pm
- Sunday & Bank holidays Closed
Yesterday, people waited on average
17 seconds for savings enquiries
17 seconds for mortgage enquiries